The World’s 10th greatest restaurant is arriving to Budapest, May 17-20, 2018 Millenáris
Back again this year, Hungary’s most prestigious gastro festival will be featuring the very best of everything, from the country’s most delicious strudel to the world’s #10 best rated restaurant. The event will take place on the Pentecost weekend, May 17-20, 2018 at Millenáris. The main themes of this year’s OTP Gourmet Festival include dumplings, caviar and champagne.
Exclusive lunch and dinners at Gourmet Festival:
Polish Bib Gourmand Dinner, Warsaw’s 4 Bib Gourmand restaurant offers an eight course meal with Hungarian wines, May 18, Friday at 7 PM
Exceptionally good food at moderate prices - this is the definition used for the Bib Gourmand category in the Michelin Guide. Four restaurants were awarded this rating in Poland: Alewino, Brasserie Warszawska, Butchery & Wine, and Kieliszki na Próznej. Invited the chefs of these four restaurants to attend Gourmet Festival, and co-host a dinner at our exclusive location. This will be their first time cooking together. Another special feature of the program is that the selection of Hungarian wines, recommended by the chefs and sommeliers, to accompany the dishes of the eight-course menu.
- Welcome drink: Kreinbacher Prestige Brut Magnum 2013 - the best sprakling wine of the renowned estate
- Sourdough bread with cold pressed rapeseed oil and polish pickles (Ale Wino) - Kreinbacher Birtok, Somló Prestige Brut sparkling wine
- Chilled young beet soup with quail egg and crayfish (Butchery&Wine) - Garamvári Birtok, Evolution Brut Rosé 2008 sparkling wine
- Asparagus a la polonaise (Brasserie Warszawska) - Pannonhalmi Apátsági Pincészet, Sauvignon Blanc 2017
- Pan fried sweetbreads with morels mushrooms (Butchery&Wine) - Balassa István, Tokaji Furmint Mézes-Mály Villő 2015
- Wild trout with caviar and ''mizeria’’ (Kieliszki na Próżnej) - Jásdi István, Lőczedombi Olaszrizling 2016
- 100 day green leg partridge hen with stuffing (Ale Wino) - St Andrea, Egri Bikavér Áldás 2014
- Selection of polish farmed cheeses with condiments (Ale Wino) - Samuel Tinon, Tokaj Dry Szamorodni 2009
- Rum baba with strawberries and rhubarb (Brasserie Warszawska) - Szepsy István, Tokaji Szamorodni 2013